Episode #22: Summer Golf Tournaments: 7 Tips to Play Your Best
If you're like most golfers, chances are you have some fun summer golf tournaments coming up. Whether it's a member-member, member-guest, USGA qualifier, or a fun trip with your buddies to a bucket list course, it's time to dial in your game.
Because let's get real, tournament golf is NOT like normal golf. Tournaments ratchet up the pressure 10X and I've seen scratch players shoot in the 80s and single digit handicaps shoot in the mid 90s... the beauty of competition.
In this episode, I'll help you:
- Reframe nerves to play better
- Improve your mental game when bad shots happen
- Reset expectations so you don't add extra pressure on yourself
- Understand why you need to master your pre-shot routine in practice
- Why practicing too much can actually crush your confidence (and what to do instead)
- Competitive Golf - 7 Lessons for Better Tournaments
- Waste Management Qualifier - How to Play a PGA Tour Event
Follow For More Epic Golf Content
- Follow on Instagram
- Subscribe on YouTube
- Join “Practice Like a Pro” - FREE Video Series
- Buy my new golf book on Amazon (“Wicked Smart Golf: How to Play Better Golf and Shoot Lower Scores Without Changing Your Swing”)